Providing Around-the-Clock Care and Peace of Mind
All Cascade Living Group communities have 24-hour licensed nurses on-site, in addition to our professional care associates.
Our knowledgeable, well-trained nursing and support staff strives to offer exceptional care in a nurturing environment, ensuring safety, happiness and the highest level of independence as possible.
The benefits of the EverWell program include:
- Consistent, high quality care 24-hours a day, 7-days a week
- Direct response to a resident’s needs
- On-site resident assessments to develop customized care plans
- Professional health monitoring and direct communication with physicians and family members to contribute to the development of effective treatment options
- Unnecessary emergency room visits may be prevented by on-site nurse assessments and direct communication with physicians
- Respect and support for end-of-life issues
- With the addition of licensed staff, communities experience fewer issues with behaviors associated with memory loss, skin ulcers and medication errors
Most importantly, both our residents and their families can be confident in knowing that a licensed nurse is available around-the- clock to meet the special healthcare needs of all of our residents.
The “Sweet Success” of Our Diabetic Management Program
Professional Nursing Care – Our supportive licensed nursing staff can accommodate those with insulin-dependent diabetes, by providing assistance with blood glucose monitoring and insulin administration. Besides medication administration, our nurses also check for other changes and conditions that are common in diabetics, which may be undetectable by non-licensed staff. Changes detected or concerns are communicated to the resident’s physician in a timely manner. Additionally, our nurses are available to our residents and their family members to serve as professional resources to answer general questions about diabetes, dietary needs and medications.
EverFit Program – Most diabetics benefit from daily movement and exercise. Moderate exercise can lower blood sugars and increase cardiac health improving over-all health. Our EverFit programs offer a range of activities that help keep our residents active and healthy. Programs can be tailored to fit individual needs as well.
Cascades Choice Dining – Our dietary menus are reviewed by a Registered Dietician to meet the nutritional requirements of seniors. Healthier options for lower fat, lower carbohydrates and lower calories can be found on our menus by looking for the “Cascades Choice” logo.
Diabetic Support – Living with diabetes can seem overwhelming at times, that is why we have support groups at some of our Cascade Living Group communities for those affected by diabetes to come share ideas, learn new things, and encourage each other in their diabetes management.