Calendars & News
Parkinson’s Support Group
Creekside Continuing Care Community is hosting an educational Parkinson’s Disease Support Group every first Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. in the second floor theater room.
Those with Parkinson’s disease are invited to enjoy support and education from Lynn and Ron Costello. The meetings will focus on how to live well with Parkinson’s by empowering both the individual and the care partner through education and encouragement.
During each meeting, Lynn will present an educational topic and participants will be encouraged to discuss and share their own experiences.
Lynn serves as a care partner for her husband Ron, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2013. Since their retirement, they have devoted their time to sharing their personal experience and knowledge with others facing a similar journey.
This ongoing group meeting is free and all are welcome. For more information, call 360-755-5550.
The EverFit Club
Goal to encourage everyone to have at least 1.2 liters a day. Also to consider the health benefits of water intake avoiding high sugar drinks especially in between meals.
The body uses water to:
- To transport water-soluble nutrients to organs around the body.
- To transport toxins and waste products out of the body via urine.
- To send electrical messages between cells- for example, to allow organs to function, muscles to contract and relax, and eyes to focus on images.
- To control our body temperature and digest food.
- The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat burning process.
- Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles with their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle soreness when exercising.
- Drinking water with a meal may make you feel fuller sooner and than satisfied with eating less.
The EverFit Club has multiple opportunities to make it easy for our residents to maintain an active lifestyle, no matter what their fitness preference. EverFit offers:
- Strength & Balance Classes
- Aquatic Fitness-fee applies
- Walking Program
- Tai Chi
- Chair Aerobics
- Low Impact Aerobics
- Dance Classes (Ballroom & Line Dancing)
- Boot Camps
- Cardio Conditioning
- President’s Challenge
And, of course, no fitness program is complete without a state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest equipment to meet all residents’ rehabilitation and fitness needs. Our fitness staff will take the time to work with our residents one-on-one to train them on how to appropriately and safely use every piece of equipment. Personal trainers are also available to help residents develop a workout regimen that is specific to their needs and abilities.
Regardless of a resident’s current fitness level, The EverFit Club will help him or her to both establish and meet fitness goals, and hopefully lead a happier and healthier lifestyle!